Blackjack is a very popular and highly recognized casino game at all the whole world - both traditional and online casino. Surprisingly, it also happens to be the most avoided and confusing game for visitors that do not know its overall intricacies and rules. The goal of this game would be to get a total sum of 21 points for a hand or a close number to 21 without going over this value. You win if you beat the hand of the dealer. The dealer, however, is forced to stand if he holds at least 17 and to hit up to 16, giving players a significant advantage. Here are things taken from a basic blackjack strategy chart to help you understand things a little better.
The Rules of Blackjack Strategy
Here are several basic rules that you need to follow, taken from the blackjack basic strategy chart. You simply need to learn and do them. The statistic data say that they should bring about winning outcomes most of the time.
- If the first cards that you get are a sum of 11 or less, you should always hit for another card.
- Regardless of what face-up card the dealer happens to have, you should always assume that his face-down card has a value of 10.
- If you have a card total of 12 to 16, you should hit or stand depending on the face-up card of the dealer. If he is showing a 7 to an Ace, draw until you reach 16 at least. If he is showing a number from 2 to 6, stand. (The only exception to this rule is if you are holding a total of 12 and he is showing a 3 or 2. Only draw one card in this case, no matter what.)
- If your card total lies from 17 to 20, never hit for another card, unless you hold a soft 17 or 18. (This means that you have an Ace as one of your cards.) It would be smart to hit, though, if the dealer has a 9 to an Ace as his face-up card.
- It would not be advisable not to get insurance because you are playing against the dealer who might get a Blackjack.
The Chart of Blackjack Strategy
The basic blackjack strategy chart, when followed, usually leads to huge winnings overtime somebody plays blackjack. Try it out today. You may find this chart both online and at land based casinos.